Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My next step.

Tomorrow I will be filing paper work for an official name change at my local county seat. It will probably take 5 days too 2 weeks before I get a court date.

After that I need to get a letter from my doctor stating that he is treating me for transsexual identity and that I am in active transition too the female sex. That letter combined with my own letter of intent to transition will be sent to the department of licensing so that I can change my gender marker on my ID card.

So theoretically I should have an ID with my name as Cynthia and female as gender marker within 2 months.


Kristin said...

My mom used to work for the drivers license office in Texas...ugh. She said they made it so hard on people. I hpoe you have an easier way than I've heard from others before.